To commemorate Juneteenth, join us in celebrating and exploring African & the continent that brings us the cacao used to make much of the chocolate around the globe. Chocolate makers from near and far working hard to improve the lives of African cacao growers and create a better world both in Africa and beyond.
West Africa collectively brings around 60% of the world’s cacao crop but we do not have a large portfolio of African chocolate makers on the craft seen just yet. Sadly the industry is still plagued by human rights violations and child and slave labor practices. In honor of Juneteenth, we have created a tasting series with wide range of bars all sourced ethically using direct trade cacao grown on the African continent.
- 5 Craft Chocolate Bars (20g-100g each depending on the craft maker)
- Tasting mat
- Activities to promote audience engagement through sensory exploration (materials included)
- Ten dollar gift card to www.gourmetboutique.net
- 45 minute to 1-hour education session (by a Gourmet Boutique Food Educator) included for over 12 guests at no additional charge
- Ground Shipping is included
How does it work?
1. Purchase the tasting kit.
2. Contact us to select a time/date. We have 5 educators on staff and can accommodate the majority of requests.
3. We will email you a Zoom login or you can provide your Teams/Webex link. Join and we will guide you through a one-hour tasting experience sharing a bit of history about each craft maker, incorporate storytelling, humor, and audience engagement. Our educators have over 15 years of experience and are food entertainment and team-building experts!
Notes: Please allow one week to receive your kits prior to the date of the tasting. The education tasting is about 45 minutes. Quick ship program also available at an additional cost (2-3 days lead time to host an event).