Join us in celebrating Black History Month and African American chocolatiers.
West Africa collectively brings around 60% of the world’s cacao crop but we do not have a large portfolio of African American chocolate makers on the craft seen just yet. In honor of black history month, we thought it would be delicious to highlight a few of our favorite makers in an exclusive tasting collection featured here. To give back a bit to the cacao community we will be donating 10% of the profits from this tasting to Why C.R.E.E.R? | C.R.E.E.R a residential and vocational center for rehabilitating rescued children sold to work as agricultural labor hands-on cacao farms, house servants to name a few. This organization helps give these street children a second chance at a normal life.
- 4 Craft Chocolate Bars (20g-100g each depending on the craft maker)
- Tasting mat
- Activities to promote audience engagement through sensory exploration (materials included)
- Ten dollar gift card to www.gourmetboutique.net
- 45 minute to 1-hour education session (by a Gourmet Boutique Food Educator) included for over 15 guests at no additional charge
- Ground Shipping is included
How does it work?
1. Purchase the tasting kit.
2. Contact us to select a time/date. We have 5 educators on staff and can accommodate the majority of requests.
3. We will email you a Zoom login or you can provide your Teams/Webex link. Join and we will guide you through a one-hour tasting experience sharing a bit of history about each craft maker, incorporate storytelling, humor, and audience engagement. Our educators have over 15 years of experience and are food entertainment and team-building experts!
Notes: Please allow one week to receive your kits prior to the date of the tasting. The education tasting is about 45 minutes. Quick ship program also available at an additional cost (2-3 days lead time to host an event).